Legal Practice Executive Assistant
Business administration and co-ordinator
Helen Smith Immigration
Helen Smith Immigration is a boutique law firm based in Woking specialising in UK immigration, nationality and human rights law. Founded in 2020 by leading immigration specialist Helen Smith, we are now a dynamic, friendly and supportive team of 7 practitioners and growing.
We have a strong reputation for assisting start-ups and entrepreneurs particularly in the tech sector. We also support the arts and creative sectors and assist with the broad range of UK immigration and nationality issues including skilled workers, family applications and British citizenship.
We have reached the point where we need administrative support to help us grow to the next stage. We have identified some key responsibilities for the position, but as a new role in a young firm, the scope of activities is likely to emerge as the role plays out.
This is a full-time permanent position to commence as soon as possible. We operate a flexible mix of working from home and office time in Woking. Working hours 09:30 to 17:30. Salary according to experience.
- Handling general calls/emails into the office including potential new client enquiries
- Managing the principal, Helen Smith’s diary and scheduling appointments
- Coordinating when team members will be in the office and booking rooms to facilitate
- Maintaining the database on the firm’s legal management system for new files opened
- Identifying with fee earners when files may be closed and archived and ensuring the file closing protocols are completed and expiry dates captured and reviewed on a monthly basis
- Analysing the firm’s database of referrals from clients and from other sources to keep track of key sources of work
- Maintain the training logs for all staff and liaising with individuals to identify training needs and booking appropriate courses
- Assisting with recruitment and onboarding of new staff
- Identify and pursue business development, marketing and PR initiatives in collaboration with the Principal, Helen Smith.
- Book meetings, conferences and assist with the preparation of presentation materials
- Coordinate with the accountants as necessary to deliver monthly management accounts for the Principal to review and assisting with any practical issues arising
- Assisting the Principal to monitor the firm’s financial affairs including budget, cashflow, and accounting systems to ensure compliance with statutory regulations including payment of VAT, PAYE, NI, Tax etc. and to be planful for future sustainable growth.
- Assisting with obtaining Professional Indemnity and Employers Liability Insurance each year.
- Coordinate the annual issue of practising certificates
- Reviewing work-from-home and health and safety policies with staff on a quarterly basis to ensure any new issues arising are handled
- General secretarial support as needed from time to time
This is a new role, and we are looking for someone who is committed to the work we do, and feels sufficiently confident and enthusiastic to grasp what the firm needs,roll with it and have fun!
- Good written and oral communication skills
- IT skills
- Strong organisational skills
- Understanding of general business administration
- The operation of a law firm
- Personnel management
- Some understanding of basic accounting/finance needs of a small law firm
- Preferably 2 years’ experience of administration in a business environment
- Previous experience of working in a law firm is preferred
To apply please email email@example.com with your CV’